We meet at 1 PM on the third Monday of the month, September through November and January through May, in the Mt. Lebanon Library. You're welcome to join us. We meet in one of the two Conference Rooms on the lower level of the library. Check the library's Calendar of Events for specific dates and location. All meetings are free and open to the public.
WELCOME TO THE 2013 SEASON
- January 21, 2013 Patricia Angus will present "Going Out On A Limb To Find Your Kin". Encouragement and tips for those exploring their family histories. There is always something new in old stories.
- February 18, 2013 Demonstrations of researching ancestors. Jim Stuber will solicit ancestral names from members who need assistance, and will unearth previously unknown information. In this process, Jim will demonstrate how this information was found enabling everyone to improve their research skills.
- March 18, 2013 Marilyn Holt, our special friend from "headquarters", brings us the latest news and opportunities from the Pennsylvania Room at the Oakland Library.
- April 15, 2013 Lauren Schultz adds to our genealogy talents finding the graves of family members and the preservation of gravestone
data and artistry by using rubbings. She will present resources available from websites. As a member of the Mt. Lebanon Library
Staff, Ms. Schultz is another example of the resources and talents available here.
- May 20, 2013 Patricia Angus will return to present "Organize the Chaos--Planning Effective Research". Those who attended our
meeting in January will testify to Ms. Angus inspired approaches to gathering family data and will be filling the chairs to learn the
next steps in building a family history. Do not start your summer research without this preparation.
- June to August - Summer Recess. Return on September 16.
Go To Page 2